Friday, February 25, 2011

No Time For You

Since I began this blog, I have never missed more than one or two days without posting something--until this week. I have gone almost a week and I am sure many people are thinking that I have gone the way of most flash-in-the-pan bloggers. I assure you, I have not.

So, why has it been so long. Partly because I have been so busy that I have not been on the Internet at all, and the times I had a few moments to spare, I did not have access to the Internet. Here is what I have been doing. On Sunday, I was at church all day recording our choir doing one song that will go on a compilation disc to be released next Christmas. On Monday, I recorded the soloist for that song at my studio and then did the mix. That evening, my wife and I went to Greenville, SC for a casting call for our film, The Solomon Bunch. While we had very few show up to audition, we found three really fantastic actors that made it all worthwhile. Tuesday morning I was at a studio in Atlanta producing vocals for the Daybreak Quartet's new album. I rushed from there to south Atlanta for a conference to do a multicamera shoot of one of the speaker's presentations. Late that night I worked on a design for a friend's youth rally. Wednesday I was in the studio all day with the Daybreak Quartet and then mixed a couple of tracks for pianist Greg Howlett at my place in the evening. Thursday morning I got a four am start and traveled to Knoxville, TN where I am now teaching a series of audio/video seminars through Monday. I will have 9 sessions in all--each one being 90-120 minutes. Probably should have had something prepared! While I am here in Knoxville, I am staying in a guest house that is beautiful and has everything--except the Internet. On Monday through Wednesday, I will be doing a recording of the Crown College Choir and then leaving Wednesday afternoon to head to Pennsylvania with the Daybreak Quartet for one of their concerts.

So, if you don't hear from me for a few more days, it is not that I have quit blogging--I am just too busy to take time for you. Might as well just put it bluntly.