Friday, January 28, 2011

Daybreak Quartet Video Shoot

This has been quite the diverse week for me. On Saturday, I worked on a script for a film. Sunday I worked with a live broadcast for our church. Monday and Tuesday I was in the recording studio engineering a trio recording. Wednesday I edited most of the day and then worked on a live sound situation in the evening. Thursday I became a photographer for half a day and then shot video the other half. Today I meet with a location scout about our film and do some more video editing. What am I missing? If there is anything else I should take up, please let me know.

Here are some behind the scenes photos from the video stuff we shot yesterday. These are interview segments that will be plugged into a live concert video that we are in production on right now. The Daybreak Quartet is a group I used to sing for--and my brother Nathan still does. I did not have any hired help on this one except for my son Chandler who was my Key Grip and Boom Operator. He is the most affordable one I know of in Atlanta--and he does a pretty good job. The guys in the singing group filled whatever other roles were needed as far as crew is concerned.

We did not take any lights on the shoot. We did have a 5-in-1 reflector kit, but did not use it. It was a bright overcast day, which made shooting easy, though it did not yield particularly striking images. Still, we got some good shots and I think the project will turn out well.